So, you've been having a nice afterlife, right? Sure, it's not much different from being alive(aside from looking a lot like Feudal Japan, for some odd reason), but hey, it's quiet(unless you're in one of the more violent districts), and not being hungry is a plus! Unless you have spiritual power.
Well. Maybe it's not that great, but it's better than nothing!
Unfortunately, all... half-decent things must come to an end. Some evil overlord gets the bright idea to upset the balance... and everything goes to hell.
In a figurative sense, of course, unless you consider the fusion of heaven and earth some sort of hell.
Now, a group of misfitsheroes and anti-heroes must figure out how to put things back together... but with friends and families reunited with their dead loved ones, will they be able to accomplish the task before them?
R U L E S;
01. STAY IC. While this RP is slightly AU-ish, the fun in RPing is exploring how a character would react to a certain situation given the guidelines of their canon personality. If you are acting TOO OOC, you will first be given three warnings and then be kicked out. Us mods will most likely not know every single character in this game, so please let us know if there are any that you spot to be acting out of character. I don't like to be mean, but we want this to be enjoyable for everyone.
02. Play friendly, be nice to each other outside of the game. Treat everyone the way you would want to be treated. If you're having a problem with a certain member, a rule, the plot, anything, just notify a mod and we'll do something about it. Don't let personal problems affect your role playing. Assaulting someone inside of the game just because you don't like him or her will not be tolerated. We do not want any drama. This is a game, people. Anyone that fails to follow this rule will receive a shovel to the face.
03. Please please PLEASE use proper grammar and punctuation. I cannot stress this enough. At heart, I am a very picky English teacher. If English is not your native language, make a note of it in your app and I'll be less picky about it, but otherwise? Type well, please. A typo every so often will be forgiven, but if you consistently type like you've never touched a keyboard in your life? Not good. But unless it's in character for the character you are playing to use chatspeak or bad grammar, or if he or she is drunk, it's fine.
04. On OCs: Give them flaws. REAL flaws. Not being able to play banjos is not a flaw. Being rash or pigheaded is. Also, don't make them TOO powerful. We don't want a bunch of Sues and Stus taking over the RP.
05. No god-modding. You aren’t god, deal with it. Unless it's an ability of theirs, I don't want to see characters reading other characters minds as if it’s a normal thing. Unless you have permission to from the player, do not PC control someone else’s character. Be creative and descriptive if your characters are fighting inside of the game, please. One hit knock outs or kills are never fun to read (although an exception is if this has been okayed by both players).
06. There is no character limit. You can have any combination of living and dead characters. HOWEVER, by taking on more than six characters, you are agreeing that you will oblige yourself to update your character journals once every two weeks (or for an alternative; just go around commenting on others).
07. If an entry or a log has any R or NC-17 rated material, please put it behind an LJ cut with a warning.
08. Posting. We realize that people are busy this time of the year, so we won't be so strict on this. Please post in your characters journal at least once a month. If you are going to be away for some period of time, please post so in your character journal. Join, post once, and then never come back again? Big no no. This rule should not be too hard to follow.
A P P L I C A T I O N S;
Name/Nickname: Age: (Be honest, please. Don't worry, we won't kick you out for being under thirteen!) Main livejournal: (After you are accepted, you should make a character journal.) Contact(AIM/MSN/Y!IM): Is English your native language?: (Sorry if this seems a bit personal, but it's so you won't get disregarded for bad grammar/spelling/punctuation.) Character you are applying for: Series: (This is, obviously, a multi-fandom RP. So anyone from any fandom may be applied for.) Dead or living?: What "time period" did this character come from?: (Before a major event? After the entire series?) Personality: (Your characters personality, manner of speaking, ect. Special skills and abilities are also included here.) Background: (Your characters canon background. It can be edited to fit the universe if you are applying for a character from a series that conflicts with this one.) Likes/Dislikes: (Optional.) Third person narrative/First person journal post: (Over 100 words. Make it MEMORABLE. Be as IC as possible and remember to spellcheck.)
All applications should be posted here. After you are accepted, please join afterlife_logs and afterlifeinabox. After you are accepted and you have joined the above community, go here for an updated friends list!
T A K E N L I S T;
[If you would like your AIM or main live journal to be removed for whatever reason, please let us know and we'll remove it.]
:Angel Sanctuary: Alexiel: Dead, (...) AIM: thestarfallen Played by: covet